Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ice Storm 2007

Alright, I don't know who all reads this but for those of you who are wondering, we are good. I know that Oklahoma has been all over the news recently because of the ice storm. We never lost power and we don't have any more ice here in Purcell. However, just 15 minutes up the road is Norman, which was very hard hit. There are still alot of people in the Oklahoma City area and the Tulsa area who do not have power. Please pray for them because we have snow coming this weekend. Emily noticed today that we didn't have leaves on our tree and I told her it was because it was fall. That reminded me that it is not even winter yet and we are dealing with this cold weather! I was not made for this. Being from Louisiana, I do not care for cold weather. I told Jason that I think God is calling us to live somewhere below I-10. He said that reduces our choices down to Florida. My response? That sounds good to me!

3 comments:

Travis and Stephanie said...

I was wondering how you guys were doing, so thanks for the update. We have some friends who live near Oklahoma State as well. I understand about the cold weather thing. While we lived in Tennessee, I kept telling Travis God didn't design me to handle the cold. He just laughed and told me to bundle up! I like the south of I-10 idea though. It is really nice down here in NOLA right now- upper 70s so you can have some warm happy thoughts. :) HA! Love you guys!!

Amanda said...

Hey, part of Houston is below I-10 also. So come on! I have been wondering if you were hit hard. Called last night but no answer. Glad to hear you're good. Does Emily like the snow? Amanda

sheree said...

Glad you are okay. We were still wearing summer clothes until this morning. Today high was 53 and we were freezing. Next week we'll be in those summer clothes again. Merry Christmas from the sunshine state, south of I-10. By the way, Caleb is disappointed he probably won't see snow. He wants too badly, so email us some snow pictures would you. Or not, he might be more saddened. So dramatic.